Sailboard & SUP Sample Policy
Thank you for choosing Craftinsure. Craftinsure is an online insurer and so it is intended for this policy to be viewed in electronic format. A definition applies to any word shown in bold italics. To view the definition, simply click on the word. You can also view and download the definitions at
policy is governed by the law that applies to where you reside in the
United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
Relevant to the entire policy
- This policy is an agreement between you,
Mr A Sample, and us. It is based on the
information you gave to us for the Insurance of Sailboards and SUPs,
“Boat Name”, £XXXX, and is in place
following payment of the premium for the period
DD/MM/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.
- This policy is non-transferable.
Click on words when viewing this policy online to see their definition.
Whilst ashore or in transit or afloat on inland and coastal waters of the United Kingdom and Ireland, and for a period not exceeding 30 days in any one period of insurance in Europe
Accidental Damage & Theft cover. What is covered:
will pay for physical loss or damage to “Boat Name” whilst ashore or
afloat, or in transit by road within the UK, Ireland or Europe.
What is not covered:
- Loss or damage due to wear and tear, depreciation,
gradual deterioration, or mildew.
- Loss or damage whilst your board is left afloat
- Theft of the board or equipment unless following
forcible and violent entry, or following removal from your board by force.
- Theft of the board from a vehicle roof rack when
unattended unless fitted with and secured by an anti theft device in
addition to it’s normal method of attachment.
- Loss of or damage to Personal Effects
- The cost of making good any defect in repair or
maintenance, or replacing or renewing any defective part, or making good
any fault or error in design or construction.
Conditions which apply:
- We will pay the reasonable cost of repair for
loss or damage not exceeding £XXXX Reasonable replacement or repair may
not result in the appearance and condition being the same as that prior to
the claim. In the event of total loss or
constructive total loss, we will pay £XXXX or
at our option, provide a replacement board of a similar age, size
- In the event of Constructive Total Loss, we
will be entitled to retain any salvage.
- We will not pay for unrepaired damage in the
event of a subsequent total loss.
- In the event of insured damage to sails or covers which are over 3 years
old, we will pay two thirds of the replacement cost.
- We will pay reasonable costs incurred,
including salvage, in preventing or minimising a loss covered by this
Liability to Others. What is covered:
- We will cover your legal
liability to compensate other people if someone dies or is injured, or
property is lost or damaged as a result of your
interest in “Boat Name” up to a
limit of £5,000,000 in respect of any one accident (which shall be deemed
to include a series of accidents occurring in connection with or arising
out of any one event) but unlimited in aggregate.
- This cover will extend, subject to the policy terms
and limitations, to any person in charge of Boat Name with your permission.
- We will also pay for law
costs incurred in settling or defending any claim providing we have given
What is not covered:
will not pay for any liability claims arising from:
- Liabilities to third parties whilst “Boat Name” is in transit by road
(which should be covered by the vehicle insurance).
- Accidents or illness to any persons employed by you in connection with <
- Costs of defending any criminal prosecution, or the
payment of any fines or penalties.
- Contractual liability
Exclusions which apply to the whole policy
The first £XXX of any claim
We will not pay any claims arising from:
- Hire, charter, or any other commercial activity.
- War, invasion, civil war, conflict or commotion, or
- Ionising radiation, radioactivity, nuclear fuel,
nuclear waste or nuclear equipment.
- Any chemical, biological, bio-chemical or
- Malicious computer codes, or from the failure of a
computer chip or computer software
- Wilful misconduct or acts of recklessness by
you, or those to whom this policy extends,
including but not limited to when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
We shall not provide coverage to you or any other
party to the extent that such cover would violate any applicable trade or
economic sanctions law or regulation.
You have agreed:
- “Boat Name” is based in the
- “Boat Name” will be locked on to a rack when left in a dinghy park, and locked onto a roof rack
of a vehicle wen in transit or when the vehicle is left unattended.
- “Boat Name” will be maintained
in a proper state of repair and seaworthiness,
and in the case of trailers, roadworthiness, and that you will exercise due
care and diligence in safeguarding your board and
Information you should provide
- It is important that you
check the information shown in your policy documentation, as your cover is
based on the information you have given us during
the application process or subsequently, as confirmed in your most recent
documents. Although we may undertake checks to
verify your details, you must take reasonable
care to ensure all the information provided by you or on your behalf is, to the best of your
knowledge and belief, accurate and complete.
must tell us immediately if at any time any of the information is incorrect
or changes. If we have wrong information, this
may result in an increased premium and /or claims not being paid in full,
or your insurance may not be valid and claims not paid. If in doubt about
any information, please contact us as soon as possible.
Changes in information we need to be informed of
include, but are not limited to, the following examples and apply equally
to all persons covered under the policy:
- Accidents or theft involving a boat or board, whether
or not resulting in a claim
- Convictions or pending prosecutions for any criminal
- Make or model of board, modifications or use of the
- Any health matters affecting your ability to operate
Your insurance may not be valid until we have
agreed to accept your changes and we will be
entitled to vary the premium and terms for the rest of the period of
should keep a record of all information supplied to us in connection with
- You can cancel this
insurance at any time at www.craftinsure.com by accessing
your Existing Customer pages of the website, or
by emailing us.
- If You have made a claim
during the current period of insurance and cancel the policy, there will be
no refund of premium. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions on
- You can cancel cover within the first 14 day "cooling of" period, if you haven't made a claim.
In accordance with the Terms & Conditions agreed when purchasing or
renewing your policy, we will until further notice charge the credit or
debit card registered with us when payments become due. Renewal terms will
be emailed to you 30 days prior to the renewal date. we may vary the terms of the policy (including
the premium) at renewal. On the renewal date, Craftinsure will
automatically apply for payment of the premium due. If you do not want to renew the policy, provided you tell us or cancel your policy online before
the renewal date, we will not renew it.
Accidents and Claims:
Click on the heading "Claims" on our website and complete the online claim form.
- You must tell us immediately about any
accidents, claims or legal proceedings in connection with this policy by
e-mail to email@example.com or by telephoning 0345 2607 999.
- You will give us full information of the
circumstances of the incident and of all claims made, with names and
addresses of claimants and witnesses of the accident, as soon as possible.
- We can decide where repairs shall be carried
out and may require a number of quotations.
- No liability shall be admitted, nor any offer, promise or payment made
by you, nor legal expenses incurred without our
consent. We shall be entitled to take over, and
conduct in your name, the defence of any action.
- You must send all claims, letters, summonses
or writs relating to any accident to us immediately. We will decide how to settle or defend a claim,
and may bring or defend proceedings in the name of any person covered by
the policy, including recovery proceedings.
- In the event of any claim arising which is also recoverable under any
other insurance, We shall only be liable for our
due proportion of such a claim.
- If a claim is false or fraudulent in any way, we will not make any payment and the policy will
- Manage your policy at www.craftinsure.com, where
you can change your details, boat details or
payment method, or submit a new claim or track the progress of an existing
- Claims can be reported using our 24 hour specialist
claims hotline 0345 2607 999.
For other matters, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call
our helpline on 0345 2607 888.
On behalf of Craftinsure Limited trading as craftinsure.com, Underwriting
Agents for Navigators & General (a trading name of Zurich Insurance
Navigators and General is a trading name of Zurich Insurance plc, a public
limited company incorporated in Ireland. Registration No. 13460.Registered
Office: Zurich House, Ballsbridge Park, Dublin 4, Ireland. UK Branch
registered in England and Wales Registration No. BR7985. UK Branch Head
Office: The Zurich Centre, 3000 Parkway, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15
7JZ. Authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and subject to limited
regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.