Spring: Pre-season checks
- Look for any missing pins or loose fittings.
- Inspect the rig for any signs of corrosion – especially around rivets and terminals
Hull and other equipment
- Make sure any steps taken to winterise such as rags in air intakes have been reversed.
- Hoses and clips. Check for tightness and replace any that are suspect.
- Belts – again check condition and tightness.
- Ensure any hull fittings removed during the winter have been replaced.
- Electrical systems. Replace any faulty or suspect components or wiring – a common cause of fires.
- Flexible fuel pipes, filler caps and hoses, including seals. Check for any signs of deterioration or leaks.
- Wheel bearings
- Hitch mechanisms
- Securing straps – check for wear and tear and damage caused by UV light which can cause them to become brittle
- Fire extinguishers should be still in date and fully charged.
- Number and condition of life jackets and buoyancy aids.
- Distress flares ands any other safety devices.